Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sick of Being Sick

By Thanksgiving the five of us were finally over our colds. But upon returning home Payson spiked a 102 temperature. We took him to the doctor on Tuesday and it turned out that he never fully recovered and that his cold turned into a bacterial infection. Then on Thursday we returned to the doctor for the babies monthly Synagis (RSV) shot. That evening Hayden was barking like a seal and hardly slept a wink (and you know what that means for us parents and our sleep). I returned to the doctor on Friday for the 3rd time in 4 days and learned that Hayden had Croup (dry viral cough which Madison later got as well). Since I care for the babies by myself all day, I have to wake them all up from naps and load them all up to go to the doctor. No fun when they are all sick and when you have to be obsessive about using antibacterial cleanser after every elevator button, doorknob and pen you touch.

Hayden can now stand without holding on for as long as she wants ("Look mom, no hands!") and is learning to walk while only holding onto you with one hand. Everyone loves walking with walking toys which is usually accompanied by big "I'm so proud of myself" smiles.

A few weeks back Madison laid her head down on me multiple times and later did it to Keith. Each time we would respond with an "aww" because it was just so sweet. She quickly picked up that every time we say "aww" we want her to lay her head down and snuggle. Even when we say it because another baby has fallen down, for example, she still does it from across the room. So cute.

I was making bottles and heard Payson boo-hooing from the other room. When I went in there to check on him I found what may look to you as Madison sitting on her knees.
In actuality she was sitting on Payson and he didn't like it one bit.
Payson was wearing a romper that was apparently too big because he crawled halfway out of it!
Daddy and "coach" just chillin'
Madison blowing raspberries and being silly on daddy
As Keith was about to take Payson and Hayden upstairs for their post-dinner bath they snuck a kiss
Payson found the TV and was pleased to see that football was on
They don't see their cousins much during RSV season but it was Thanksgiving and they were healthy so we made an exception.
I love how Hayden is sharing Aunt Negeen's lap and the book with cousin Addison
Avery
"read" to her baby cousins
Madison's big smile is priceless
The babies got an early Christmas present and they ripped through it! They got a Christmas Story board book about the real meaning of Christmas
Keith and I managed to sneak away for a few hours for his company's fabulous holiday party. (Thanks Aunt Nancy!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear the babies were sick! Hope you all feel better soon!

joey & cristin said...

jessica you look so good in the picture of you and keith! i love your hair like that. it must feel so good to get all done up and go out for a night! joey's party is tonight - i can't wait!

waysquared said...

The kids (and you) look great, even when they're sick. It's so exciting that Hayden is standing! Our babies are growing up so fast!

Steph said...

Wow you were busy! I'm so sorry that they are sick Jess. I LOVE the pic of Madison on Payson ... too funny. It's almost their 1 year birthday! Time just flies!