Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Sunday, December 28, 2008

First Birthday Party














The triplets' 1st birthday party was fun, crazy, momentous, exciting and chaotic all at once. We ended up delaying it until a few days after Christmas which proved to be even crazier than our original plan of having it a few days before Christmas. I have decided that the most difficult part of the babies' December birthday will be coordinating their party on top of all of the other holiday activities going on. And, with RSV lockdown, we really didn't even have that much planned this season, and it was still almost impossible to get everything done in time.

Hayden, Payson and Madison's first birthday party had a Dr. Seuss "Cat in the Hat" theme that included a homemade cut-out wall, two cakes that looked like the ones in the book, actual book pages posted on the wall, preemie onesies hung in a doorway to show how far they've come, lots of blue balloons, a slideshow and news video footage of the babies and, of course, cake eating and present opening. Being RSV season we had a small gathering of close family and just a few friends with the babies' cousins being the only young attendees. I can't fully describe how chaotic it was trying to coordinate and host the party while also trying to keep track of three mobile babies. It was a blast though and I greatly appreciate the help we received from Keith's parents and grandma to help pull everything together last minute. And thank you, Allie, for the wonderful pictures you took for us!
The cut-out wall, homemade and home-painted!

Hayden
"brushing" her teeth before the party

Madison admiring the inside of a birthday hat












Hayden eating cake

Payson eating cake

Madison eating cake


The babies LOVE their new ball pit!

Exhausted after the big event
The Melkers posing in the cut-out wall



GP and Payson in a pile of balloons

















Good times. To check out more photos from the big day, click HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so far behind on checking blogs!!
I am so sad i missed the festivities!! It looks like so much fun! You did a fantastic job and i am super impressed with all the creativity!!
You gave them a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Yes! The party looks amazing! I can't believe you made the cut-out yourself!!!! What an incredible job you did. Seriously.

I can't believe the babies are ONE!!! Crazy! They're darling and we love 'em to pieces!!!