Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

By The Numbers

With the babies' first birthday just a few days away, I was reflecting on the last year and how three babies equals an abundance of everything. Some of these numbers are truly outrageous.

Diapers: 9,260
Ounces of breastmilk/formula: 27,260
Baby teeth: 13
Bottles made and hand-washed: 6,054
Droppers of vitamins: 1,095
Naps taken (not including Dad's): 3,978
Doctor appointments (including Mom's): 71
Pounds gained by the babies: 50
Pictures taken: 6,510

This week's baby news is that Hayden took her first step! She has repeated her effort several times and managed to get two steps in the next day before falling down. Payson and I are still trying to get over the upper respiratory/croup thing and then hopefully we will get a virus break for a while.

Payson is climbing onto and into and out of everything. He climbed out of his exersaucer and hours later climbed into the changing table. Then today I found him on a storage bin trying to cross over onto the IncrediBlock toy. I really need to be one step ahead of his efforts.



















Madison is so proud of herself when she walks with her lion push-toy, and she should be! She laughs and squeals with delight every time. Here's a little video of her in action:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how ahead they are developmentally. That is awesome!!
Walking!
Those numbers are truly scary, i will not even take the time to figure ours out. I dont keep as good records as you do. But you take more pics than i do, i only have 5k.
Cant wait to see you guys saturday!Happy Early birthday (tomorrow) Hayden, Payson and Madison

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Thanks for the numbers, what is amazing! They all look so big and happy. Happy Birthday to the babies!

Robin

The Cass Crew said...

WOW! Too cute! Seems like you have done an awesome job this first year. Congrats!! Happy Birthday, Melker Triplets!!!