I always enjoy pulling together my annual Jessica's Favorite Things post because I get to reflect on the last year and how much the kids have grown and developed. I am also humbled by the abundant blessings God has given us.
Badger Basket Polka Dots Triple Doll Stroller
My little babies are growing up! This is the first year that I don't have a stroller on the list. Well, not a full-size stroller anyway. But, the girls' new triplet baby-doll stroller is definitely a big hit in the Melker household. I had to laugh when Madison told me how hard it was to turn. If she only knew!
My little babies are growing up! This is the first year that I don't have a stroller on the list. Well, not a full-size stroller anyway. But, the girls' new triplet baby-doll stroller is definitely a big hit in the Melker household. I had to laugh when Madison told me how hard it was to turn. If she only knew!
Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera with Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS lens
At the very end of 2010 my camera was lost/stollen so I finally had the excuse that I needed to get the DSLR camera that I had contemplated purchasing for years. I purchased our new camera, attended a photography class with a local photographer and then the clicking began. I love it and can easily take thousands of photos in less than a month. I can now capture the kids while they're on the move and even get some fancy shots now and again.
(Photo above of a Nikon DSLR sitting across the table at my photography class.)
Digital Blue Disney Pix Jr. Digital Camera
Speaking of cameras, the kids have loved having their own digital camera. It's great because it helps take the focus off my camera which is definitely off limits for kids. And they are learning how to line up their subjects and objects and take great pictures of their own. They can even add their favorite Disney character to the photo by selecting it from a list of graphics before they take each photo.
Leaflet 500ml Lunch Box Bento Box
This reusable bento box comes with three compartments (that I removed for this special Halloween lunch) and I use it every time I pack the kids' lunches. It fits a whole sandwich (cut in half and stacked) and has room for two sides. All three bento boxes fit in one big lunch box bag and I love how I don't use a single plastic or paper bag (except for special occasions as seen above). The only change I might have made is getting the 650ml one instead.
Dress-up clothes

(Photo above of a Nikon DSLR sitting across the table at my photography class.)
Digital Blue Disney Pix Jr. Digital Camera
Speaking of cameras, the kids have loved having their own digital camera. It's great because it helps take the focus off my camera which is definitely off limits for kids. And they are learning how to line up their subjects and objects and take great pictures of their own. They can even add their favorite Disney character to the photo by selecting it from a list of graphics before they take each photo.
Leaflet 500ml Lunch Box Bento Box
This reusable bento box comes with three compartments (that I removed for this special Halloween lunch) and I use it every time I pack the kids' lunches. It fits a whole sandwich (cut in half and stacked) and has room for two sides. All three bento boxes fit in one big lunch box bag and I love how I don't use a single plastic or paper bag (except for special occasions as seen above). The only change I might have made is getting the 650ml one instead.
Rainpals Rain Boots
These rain boots have been awesome! The kids wear them constantly, whether it's raining or not, and they are easy for them to slip on and off quickly (and close to nothing is done quickly with triplets - except for gaining a large family instantly, I suppose!). Think the convenience and ease of Crocs but with the warmth and protection you need for winter and spring!Dress-up clothes
Our kids spend a lot of time getting in and out of our dress-up closet. Nearly everyday we have a princess, policeman, pirate, fairy, or superhero on our hands. Dress-up clothes used to be for home only but I decided to stop fighting that battle and to let the kids express themselves as they wish. So, we oftentimes have moments like the one above.
Radio Flyer Fold 2 Go Trike
The kids outgrew these tricycles this fall as their knees began to hit the handlebars, but these trikes saw a lot of action on the back patio and during rides around our block or to the playground. The kids all learned to pedal on these trikes which stayed in great condition throughout their time with us even though we had bought them used from some fellow moms of multiples. And the kids loved to collect treasures in their baskets along their neighborhood excursions.Stearns Kids Puddle Jumper Basic Life Jacket
I don't know how Keith and I could have managed the pool with three preschoolers without these wonderful Puddle Jumpers. Sure, there are other floatation devices out there, but the kids love these and the design allows them to lean forward and "swim" on their tummies which was/is crucial in helping them learn how to swim on their own.
Outdoor Playset
This outdoor playset has been so much fun for the kids that I can't believe that we decided so many times over the last few years not to get one! The clubhouse on the bottom (with accompanying doorbell!) definitely provides additional interest for the kids and the whole set in general keeps them active and entertained.And, as in 2010's list, these favorites continue to please:
- Little Tikes Endless Adventures Fold 'n Store Picnic Table
- Melissa and Doug Deluxe Standing Easel
- Monogramed Nap Mats by Mimi Made it Designs
- KidKraft Train Table
Jessica's Favorite Things 2010
Jessica's Favorite Things 2009
Jessica's Favorite Things 2008
- KidKraft Train Table
Jessica's Favorite Things 2010
Jessica's Favorite Things 2009
Jessica's Favorite Things 2008






1 comment:
Wow Jess.... just looking back at all your favorite things posts from the previous years, it's amazing to see how much the kids have grown and how much you've gone through with each of them. Kudos to you & Keith for persevering and raising 3 precious kiddos!
Post a Comment