Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Change is a Comin'

Well, yesterday the nurses confirmed that we will likely have a baby or babies coming home soon. And by soon I mean this coming Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. We have scheduled their hospital pictures for this Friday and have also scheduled poor Payson's circumcision. They had their eye exams this week, today Payson and Madison had their carseat test (to be sure their vital signs look good for 90 minutes while in the seat) and they will all have their final head ultrasound by the end of the week. This is all just too exciting but I am cautiously excited as I don't want to be disappointed. In just a few days we might be totally exhausted and overwhelmed parents of newborns - and I can't wait!

This news of course throws me into overdrive thinking of everything that I need to do before they come home. Thankfully Keith has designated himself Diaper King. He is in charge of finding the diaper deals and buying the diapers. Though I will be the one keeping inventory. The role of Diaper King is a big deal when you think that we will be going through 24 diapers a day, 168 diapers a week, 744 diapers a month, and up to 7,000 diapers in the first year! We have already started our diaper collection. Guess how many days worth of diapers this is for us? Two to three months if we're lucky!

Today the babies took 6 out of 8 feeds by bottle and the doctor should order that they try 7 of 8 or 8 of 8 tomorrow. Also, before they come home they can't have an episode of Apnea or Bradycardia for 5 days. For Hayden it's been 1 day, Payson 12 days and Madison 6 days. Madison is our pro bottle feeder while Payson is our pro breast feeder. And Hayden is average at both - she just wants to sleep the second she hits our arms.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. OMG. WOW. i can't really think of much else to say. OMG.

Miles, Allie, Marlee, Mace & Sawyer said...

Make sure you count how many times the nurses tell you, "what a pretty circumcision" or "that's a very nice circumcision"...it's very strange. Must be a nurse thing.

The Mitchells said...

YEAH for coming home. Your diaper collection is amazing...I envy your amount of diapers, but not how many you will be changing. We'll all me on the outlook for diaper-deals for you guys.