
Later this month the kids will turn 2 1/2 years old. While this year has certainly been a challenging one thus far with three outgoing, persistent, independent and opinionated toddlers, it has also brought with it a lot of fun memories.

We value our families so much, and we were super excited to get to travel over Memorial Day weekend to spend time with Keith's family. Chelsey treated Hayden and Madison to double french braids which they, surprisingly, sat quite still for.

The cousins are getting closer and closer as they get older and learn to play together. Here are Emma and Hayden mimicking each other at the park.

Hayden was thrilled when Grammy let her go through her purse filled with all sorts of treasures. Hayden is drawn to all things grown-up.

We were excited to meet Joey and Cristin's newborn, Gianna. The kids still love babies and I found them singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her while she was swinging.

They were so sweet to her, making sure she always had her toys, patting her softly and trying to help feed her a bottle.

Keith had a few days of vacation so we spent one fun morning at the Ft. Worth Zoo. Here are the kids expressing concern over the elephants' dirty backs.

I couldn't believe that the kids weren't fearful of this white tiger walking back and forth right in front of their faces. Even I was a little frightened when he seemingly glared deep into their eyes.

A nice lady stopped us and offered to take a photo of our family for us. Yes, that's a splint on my wrist. I have recently been diagnosed with wrist tendonitis (inflammation of the tendons) after injuring it simply by being too active and hard on my dominant hand. (What's a mom of triplets to do?) I've had it for 10 weeks with little improvement which is quite frustrating. You never know how debilitating it can be having an injured arm until it happens. I am still in the process of treating it and am hoping and praying for a full recovery.

The kids loved feeding the parakeets with seed sticks. They even caught and held the birds on their sticks, allowing them to get an up-close look.

Later that week we met Pops and Nunie for another round at the Children's Museum. This time the kids were old pros. Here Hayden is sharing fruits and vegetables from her garden with her grandparents.

The kids' worked hard trying to reach the pedals on these tricycles. Payson has had a growth spurt since we last measured him in December, but he is still just a little shorter than Hayden. Madison continues to be our petite little baby doll. She is the last to reach door knobs, tricycle pedals, etc but is best able to hang from playground equipment and the like since she is strong and more than five pounds lighter.

We ended our fun week with very special visitors: Hayden, Payson and Madison's great-grandparents from Colorado! We were delighted to have them in our home and cherish our wonderful time together. Granny and Papa were brave to visit Texas in the middle of June and didn't seem to be phased by the heat one bit!
3 comments:
So many great pictures of your family! My name is Jo Sue Rudd and I saw you at the PAMOM meeting last month but I left early. I'm 20 weeks pregnant with triplets and have totally read through your whole blog! You did such a great job recording everything and your kids are just beautiful. Hopefully we'll be able to meet soon but I just wanted to come out of my blogstalking closet!
By the way, my blog is texastriplets.blogspot.com
They are so grown up!!! Kylee would have so much fun playing with all of them.
I'm so sorry abour your wrist ... how do you do it! Kylee is always saying up ... it would be hard to hold them!
Post a Comment