Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Going to Work

Keith's office put together a super fun "Take your child to work day" with a Toy Story 3 theme. I was a little unsure of how the kids would do as the last time we were up there, it was a lot of work keeping them out of trouble. There was a lot of mischief going on that first time around!

This time it was all about the kids and there was plenty of entertainment starting with coloring and lots of kid food!

The kids enjoyed looking out the window at all of the small cars and people. You can see a bit of Victory Park and the American Airlines Center in front of them. (What a view!)

Hayden being active, silly and full of life as usual!

I just love watching Payson and Daddy horse around. They really are having as much fun as they look like they are!


Next up the kids got to pick their favorite mix-ins for cupcakes: marshmallows, sprinkles and M&M's!


This kept them entertained for nearly half an hour. Just look on the smile on this boys' face!

Here, Payson is learning how to play foosball from our friend Brian. In their last match, Payson beat Brian 5-0. He's a very fast learner.

Back at home, Payson got hurt and said, "Hayden, I need a hug." He is so sweet and loving and will ask for hugs from his sisters when he is sad or upset. And the no-pants look just made it even cuter.

That evening, we went to our street's block party. Kids have always been drawn to Keith, so I officially gave him the name "Toddler Whisperer" at the block party.
After we ate hotdogs and burgers the kids went for a swim in the perfect-sized kiddie pool. The kids' friend, Charlotte, was with us for a sleepover and joined us for the fun. She blended in so well with her blonde curly hair that people kept asking which three were ours!

Madison was the only child brave enough to go down the giant water slide with Daddy. She wanted to do it over and over but you'd never believe it by the look on her face! And one of the neighbor girls decided she wanted in on the group slide.

Down at the bottom Hayden, Payson and Charlotte cheered for them and the other sliders exclaiming, "Yea!" and "Good job!"

The next day I did storytime with the kids and told them the story of Noah's Ark using our Little People set. They loved it!
Here are Madison and Charlotte painting with brushes. These two were deliberate and tidy in their work while Payson and Hayden were a lot more carefree and messy!

When the kids saw that Charlotte was going to wear her Minnie shirt, they wanted to wear their Minnie (or Mickey) shirts too! They all had a blast and it was the perfect first sleepover. Charlotte, you're welcome to spend the night any time!

2 comments:

Kim Malone (pamom) said...

I have the same motto when we're trying new things about leaving if it isn't going well. It makes things so much more fun and relaxing when I have a back-up plan!

Kina said...

LOVE the photo of Payson and Keith at the office! SO cute! Also, how sweet was it that Payson asked for a hug from Hayden after he hurt himself!?! What a sweet little boy!

Great photo of Hayden looking up/backwards at the camera.

And Madison. My sweet little Madison. She looks absolutely adorable in her Minnie Mouse t-shirt! And she truly has the best hair! I love her curls and the rich brown color. It always falls so nicely!

Once again, great photos, Jessica! By the way, I hope your arm heals soon. After recently recovering from a shoulder injury, I know how disabling it can be to only have the full use of one arm. I couldn't imagine having to take care of three kids with one arm! You're such a Superstar Mom!