Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Monday, June 29, 2009

Deer Crossing

Several minutes before I took this photo, we were all happily sitting down to dine out as a family. But then Hayden noticed something...

... the deer. She was perfectly fine with him (and his nearby brother) joining us for dinner but Payson was not. It wasn't immediate but soon after seeing it, he broke down into tears, sobbing hysterically. It took us a minute to realize why he was so upset, and it wasn't long before Madison decided she didn't like the deer either. Here's what followed: Keith took Payson outside, our hot meals arrived, I held and soothed Madison, Keith returned and Payson got upset again, Keith left with Payson and Madison, I packed up our cold food to go, paid our tab, and a happy Hayden and I met Keith at the car.

Enjoying popsicles at the pool. This was before Hayden and Payson found their first ant bed and got a dozen bites on their hands. I was wondering what they were up to on the other side of a lawn chair but then I heard and saw them screaming in unison. Madison was snuggling with daddy and missed the action.
Madison continues to crack us up. Here you can see how she put her sippy cup inside a tupperware container and drank from it, over and over and over.
Hayden feeds beggars, Payson and Madison, as she finishes up her snack.

Paper party! Oh, that's just when the babies play with, tear and crumple paper. Don't you love when a simple household item keeps your kids busy, and more importantly, happy, even for just 10 minutes?

Madison gives a funny expression as she struggles to hold all of her Little People farm animals at one time.

I was cooking dinner when I hear Hayden coming towards me saying, "Noo, noo, noo, noo, noo" which she says when either she or her siblings are doing something that is a "no, no." When I turned around, I saw her dragging a long piece of toilet paper from the bathroom. She hasn't yet learned how to dispose of the evidence so she had no choice but to fess up to mommy!

Hayden playing Peek-a-boo. "Where's Hayden? There she is!"
Madison playing Peek-a-boo too.
The babies are still transitioning to one nap and they still get very sleepy in the car in the late morning hours. Here they are crashed out in the car despite my best efforts to keep them awake from the front seat.

One day Payson even fell asleep in the middle of lunch! Poor baby!

Hayden carrying as many stuffed animals as possible at one time.
Madison and Hayden giving kisses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy adorable toddlers! Juliet has all those Little People farm animals too. We used to like to bring them all to breakfast, lunch and dinner!