Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Monday, June 22, 2009

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

This weekend we had a lot to celebrate. Sunday was the big day: Keith's birthday, Father's Day and the first day of summer (yee-haw!).

Since I wanted to treat Keith to a movie and dinner, I decided to make Saturday his birthday and Sunday more about Father's Day. I mean, it just didn't feel right taking Keith away from the kids on Father's Day. So on Saturday, I cooked a big breakfast that we all ate outside on the patio. Then we were off to the park to meet other families in our multiples group for some playtime followed by some true entertainment at my 4-year-old niece's t-ball game (too cute!). Just after the babies went down for their afternoon nap, I had a sitter show up at the house, unbeknownst to Keith, so I could take him to a matinee. A good movie, sitting still for several hours uninterrupted, popcorn and a large DP... it felt strangely familiar, like something we used to enjoy years ago. Then after some playtime with the babies, we put them to bed and went to a fondue restaurant for dinner. Happy birthday, babe!

Eating breakfast on the patio as a family.

After breakfast the babies watched daddy mow the back lawn. They loved it and surprisingly weren't the least bit scared.

Rolling up to our local Moms of Multiples group playdate at the park the right way.

Tummy-swinging is all the rage for 18-month-olds.

Payson and Madison give it a go.

This is only a handful of the dads and kids at our multiples event. Imagine the onslaught we had on the playground. One man with his young child came up to Keith and asked, "Triplets? I just saw a set of twins... well, two sets actually." Pause. "You guys must have some kind of event going on!" We do seem to takeover places when we have group events.

Madison with Nunie at cousin Avery's t-ball game.

Sunday was more relaxed with more home cooked meals, church and a dip at our neighborhood pool which, by the way, the babies are loving more and more. The only way I was able to bake a cake (which was amazing, might I add) and cook so much this weekend was because I had prepared the dry ingredients for five recipes on Friday afternoon while the babies napped. Good idea? Yes. The way I want to spend every Friday afternoon? No. But, hey, it worked well for Keith's special weekend.

Keith opening one of his Father's Day presents...

...bronzed baby shoes! I had the babies' very first pair of shoes bronzed. Now they sit on the babies' little shelves in their nursery next to their tooshie castings that I gave Keith last year. The babies also colored their first homemade cards for daddy for Father's Day and gave him a book about how happy he makes them.

Playing in the kiddie pool.

Mommy, Hayden and Madison in coordinating swimsuit cover ups. So posh.

Hayden drinking water from their spray mat we broke out on Friday.

Payson gives it a taste too.

In typical fashion, Hayden loved the spray mat, Payson liked it okay and Madison wanted nothing to do with it. In fact, she wanted it completely off even if she wasn't near it. When she wants something, or doesn't want something, she shoos her hand at it and fusses "ma, ma, ma, ma, ma...".

Monkey-see, monkey-do. Hayden was leaning and banging against the fence and Madison and Payson quickly followed suit making for a darn cute picture!

Happy Father's Day, babe! Payson will sure have some big shoes to fill one day! This picture shows that he's got a loooong way to G(r)O(w)!

4 comments:

Candace Hickey said...

Love the bronzed shoes...good idea.

Your pool looks fun...we may have to join you!!

Also, the swings on the tummy...too cute!

Leslie & Alex said...

Happy Bday, Keith! Sounds like you planned an awesome weekend, Jessica. The kids look so cute and grown-up these days. BTW, can I get a piece of that cake - looks amazing!!!

angie said...

So excited to see that you bronzed shoes!!! No one does that anymore and I love the shoes my Mom has that were ours! Love it!!

Great pics and great summer fun for your fam!

Lindsay Countryman said...

The pics of your kids are so cute. I can only imagine how much more cute they are in person!!

I need help though. Our naps are the pits. They've been refusing the afternoon nap for a couple of weeks. What time do you put them down now with only one a day?? I tried it this week and they're still only down for about 1.5 hours total. HELP!!
Miss you guys! Happy birthday, Keith!