
Back in early January the babies said their first words: "book" for Hayden and "ball" for Payson and Madison. Though they are all starting to repeat some words here and there, Hayden makes the most complex sounds and has even repeated words such as "football" (on Super Bowl Sunday) and "blueberry." Overachiever! This all makes sense to me as the development specialist we saw in January for our routine check-up said that babies typically start talking a few months after they start walking. This weekend Keith and I were so tickled when Hayden surprised us with saying "hi" when I walked into the room as if she'd been saying it all her life.
Old news now, but the development appointment went great, by the way (despite Hayden having to be stripped down to her diaper outside the car in cold weather with a wind chill of 15 degrees due to her random throw up in the car), and all babies are developing right on schedule. The other big development is that the babies are signing a lot more words these days such as milk, more, eat, book, bath, play, etc. and can point out various parts on their bodies, and ours, such as nose, ear, hair, belly, head, etc. They "help" put on clothes and socks, point at things, help clean up, stack toys, try to help buckle themselves into their high chairs and car seats and do a plethora of things simply to make us laugh, including naughty things that which we are "supposed" to respond with a serious expression and tone.

Payson is in this adorable sorting and grouping stage. If he finds more than two things that are alike he will move them, one by one, from one place to another. For example, small blocks go from on top of the big block to the window sill, down to the floor and back up to the window sill. Plastic rocks go from the dump truck to on top of the piano keys and back down to the piano bench. And, of course, (as pictured) socks go from the window seat to inside the high chair and back to the window seat, well why wouldn't they? All one by one, and the last one never actually gets set down, just tapped and then he redirects it to his new location to start the process all over again. So methodical and so adorably cute.

Payson is going to be really unhappy with me one day for this one but it's just too cute!

More proof that Keith and I do get out every once in a while, this time to our neighborhood Mardi Gras party at the golf club.
5 comments:
The triplets are growing and developing so nicely! I especially like Hayden's expression as she holds the diaper with her teeth! How adorable! And Payson looks so mature! I loved the picture of him at the dishwasher in the previous post. This dishwasher photo along with the one of him sorting socks shows that he's a little "boy" now and not a "baby." I miss my girl Madison in this post. She has the cutest little dimples when she smiles. She really is a doll.
Of course I would be remiss if I did not comment on how glamorous you and Keith look in your Mardi Gras masks. You both clean up nicely! I'm glad you two are able to find some time for yourselves. Good for you!
Keep up the great work with the kids. I would love to see them one day!
How fun that they are talking! I love that Hayden just said hi to you when you walked in. I'm also so glad that you guys went out to a party!
Payson's bum is cracking me up. Funny! Glad to hear that everyone is healthy and developing on track. Yay!! love and miss you guys!! xoxoxo
Great post!
We do need to get together becuase my babies do NONE of those things, i need tips!!!
Great pic of Payson!
Talking! My goodness! I can't wait to say hi to the kiddos myself!
Post a Comment