Sunday the babies turned ZERO! Keith and I thought it would be fun to have a few family members over to celebrate their due date. I even baked a cake and we topped it with a "0" candle. My nieces, Avery (3-years-old) and Addison (9.5-months-old), got to meet their baby cousins for the first time. It was so sweet to see Avery's reaction. My sister-in-law has done such a good job teaching her the babies' names. And Addison kept reaching out to them but unfortunately there is a no touch policy until RSV season is over.
Lots of people have asked what RSV is. Click HERE read all about it. We are confined to the home until RSV season passes so doctors appointments are our big outings. This week we headed back to the pediatrician's office for the babies' monthly winter RSV Synagis shot. And last Friday they had their follow up eye appointment. Their eyes are pried open and the end of a sterile paper clip (seriously) is stuck between the eye and the lid for the doctor to exam them. It's quite traumatizing for the babies and quite stressful for the parents. But their results were perfect so that's the end of the paper clip exams!The babies will be expected to meet baby milestones based around their adjusted age which is their due date, not their actual birth date. The babies started making solid eye contact two
weeks ago and are on the verge of smiling. They are also in their big baby bath now. They still like their baths and still hate getting out of them. It's just too cold! Hayden looks like she's smiling in the bath but we just got lucky. Although babies usually smile around 2 months adjusted age our pediatrician thinks they will start doing it earlier.
weeks ago and are on the verge of smiling. They are also in their big baby bath now. They still like their baths and still hate getting out of them. It's just too cold! Hayden looks like she's smiling in the bath but we just got lucky. Although babies usually smile around 2 months adjusted age our pediatrician thinks they will start doing it earlier.Keith and I continue to be exhausted day in and day out. Friends and family have been bringing us meals a few times a week and it has been extremely helpful. Even with the night nanny three nights a week it is hard to get a full nights rest with Keith's work demands and my pumping demands.


2 comments:
I am so ready to come help whenever. I heard you might need help around 5:00 p.m. I can't this week but let me know about next week. Can't wait. When I come help I will bring some frozen meals.
Congratulations on your expanded family!!! You just need to get them some OU onesies and they'll be all set!
<>< Alecia Shannon
Post a Comment