Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Sunday, February 10, 2008

First Week Home

Our first week with all three babies home went well. Our night nanny who we have three nights a week started the evening that Madison got home. Together we gave the babies 168 bottles and changed close to 190 diapers. Here are the highlights of our week:

Madison picked up a loud cry accompanied by screaming during her last week in the NICU. One time when she got upset I put her face to face with Payson and she calmed down immediately and just stared at him. Look at their hands touching.

And later, the empty flower pot was just too tempting and Madison got to be our Guinea pig. Keith and I are having WAY too much fun with our babies!

It can be quite a challenge comforting one (or two) babies when you are in the middle of feeding the third. I often have the challenge of holding one while feeding another.









I am so blessed to currently be producing more than enough milk for our babies. Although they are catching up with me quickly, here is the current status of my excess milk supply!

It's hard to find time to hold each baby individually but holding two or even all three is an easy alternative while they are still small.




The girls have outgrown one of their preemie outfits. It's really not surprising though as it is a very wide but short sleeper onesie. Preemies are born skinny and long so I think the brand has the sizing all wrong. It always looked funny on them.





And although they have not quite outgrown Preemie diapers, we got tired of buying the small packages of 20 when we need a minimum of 24 in a day. We are now using the Newborn size which come in packs of 96 and are much more economical. This is their second time to graduate to a larger size diaper.

2 comments:

In His Grip said...

You are doing so well. Way to go on the milk. Keep it up. Let me know when you are ready for help and I am so there.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Jessica, i am so jealous of your milk production. I cant keep up with my kids now and they are only 4 weeks old!!! Your kids are so cute! i am glad they are all home and doing so well.