Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Week 29!

This weekend my sister-in-law, Negeen, did the "29 Week dance" for us. Last weekend the on-call doctor, who happens to be Negeen's doctor, did the "28 Week dance." So, be careful if you visit us on a Sunday or you may be called upon to do the honors.

Last week the babies were right on track, weighing in at:
2 lbs, 11 oz. - Baby Girl A
2 lbs, 10 oz. - Baby Boy B
2 lbs, 11 oz. - Baby Girl C

This week the babies should all reach 3 pounds, which will take them out of the micro-preemie range - oh, how great that is! We are still hopeful for a 2008 birth date and that this will not be our babies' first Christmas. We got a couple of good sonogram pictures last week. Baby Girl "C" proudly showed us her profile as usual and we found out that Baby Boy "B" and Baby Girl "C" have their heads together at the top of my tummy.

Keith and I refer to me as his "Big Girl/Baby" and that I am. I have some new equipment around my room to help accommodate my inability to accomplish everyday tasks and to avoid strenuous "activity." I now have an orthopedic trapeze above my bed to help me get up without straining or using my abdominal muscles. I also have a bath seat and now have foot pumps in addition to my usual T.E.D. Hose to help prevent blood clots. Two of my nieces visited today and had fun playing on the trapeze bar as shown below.

And the foot pumps that I wear, though not as fun as depicted in the image below, aren't too bad:

3 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Ella and I will be by to do a dance as soon as we get over the sinus funk!! I totally need one of those trapeze things to get out of bed the 5 times I have to pee at night...I can't even imagine trying to get out of bed with 3 of them in there!!!

love,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

What adorable nieces you have!!! But I did see you swinging on them as well, Jess! You know they are so much fun! I was happy to do the honors today and would gladly do them for the next 7 Sundays! Keep up your positive attitude and you WILL MAKE IT!!! Love, Negeen

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Just wanted you to know we think about you often and are praying for you and those babies every day. I love keeping up through this blog and you look fantastic Jessica -- big like you should be and beautiful as always! Keep percolating and we will keep praying. Love you all! Brian and Lori and girls :)