Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Week 28!

Today is a big day for us as we have made it to Week 28. Though still not an ideal birth week, 28 weeks is an important milestone in the triplet world. I have been on hospital bed rest for just over a month and hope to be in this bed 4 and even 8 weeks from now. It is not the lying around that's difficult, it's the pain and discomforts. As the belly picture to the left proves, our babies are growing and so am I. I've heard during my entire pregnancy that I'm "not that big" but surely no one would say that now!

As they grow Keith and I get to experience new developments with the babies. As of a few weeks ago I began feeling their hiccups which can be felt from the outside too. I was wondering what the rhythmic movement was and happened to read about it a few days later. It hadn't dawned on me but, duh, of course that's what it is! We can also feel their little limbs and body parts at times from the outside which is really neat. Last weekend the babies were having a party, moving like crazy, and Keith spent some time playing "You're It" with the babies. Not really but it certainly seemed like it with the way they would touch and kick back. The most vivid contact for Keith was when Baby Girl C softly but firmly brushed her hand against his.

Since I have been here five weekends I have met all of the doctors who are a part of my doctors' rotation group so come delivery day, no matter who is on call or who assists my doctor, I will know who they are. I am now taking an Iron supplement to prevent anemia and having daily Protein shakes to assist in the babies' growth but other than that my routine is the same.

As far as we know, things are relatively stable so the countdown thankfully continues. During Tuesday's sonogram we will get an update on the babies' weight and development and my progression, or hopefully lack of.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, OK, you ARE that big. Actually, I think everyone stopped saying you "weren't that big" a few weeks ago. In fact, you're huge! gigantic! stupendous! gargantuan! a blimp!..and beautiful. Keep up the good work and keep those ankles together. Love, Pops

Amanda said...

Hooray hooray! I'm so excited! We will come see you soon.

The Mitchells said...

I love the belly...it means you have 3 healthy babies growing!! Can't wait to hear sono news. Can't wait to meet the mini-Melkers, but wouldn't mind waiting another 8 weeks or so!!