Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mother/Daughter Camp

The girls and I went to a Mother/Daughter Camp over the weekend - the same camp that I grew up going to every summer. My SIL and nieces came too along with Nunie. Here are the girls of Cabin Five!

This place is too much fun. Lots to do and lots not to do which gave us plenty of time to play and relax. My girls were the babies of the group as four is the youngest age to attend and there weren't many of them. Hayden wanted to play tetherball day and night!

And what girls' camp experience would be complete without a good ole' game of Red Rover? The kids would start games on their own whenever there was free time. It's such a great way for them to get accustomed to one another and learn each other's names. 

BINGO time!

Arts & crafts was the perfect activity to allow the girls to chill and get a break from the heat.

The experiences these girls have here are priceless. Madison shot her first bow and arrow but wanted and needed some help getting it all coordinated.

Hayden accepted a short introduction and then was off on her own.

She needed a little stabilizing from the counselor but quickly new how and where to set up the arrow on the bow. She improved with every shot and each of her six arrows traveled further each time.

I was a little leery of taking them out on the canoe as I didn't want to deal with tantrums while in an unsteady boat on the river. But the girls were excited and eager to use their paddles and "help" as best they could. They did great!

This camp is the real deal. The girls got to pitch in and help load and shoot their very first rifle!

Up next - the Banana Boat!

Or the "Zucchini Boat" as Hayden mistakingly called it!
(Back three from l-r: Cousin Addison, Hayden and Madison)

The driver wasn't going to intentionally flip the boat over like they do for fun during the regular summer camp, but the little girls on this ride were so light that over they went! I expected them to pop up crying but they were laughing hysterically and yelling over and over, "that was fun!"

Just look at those smiles! It was definitely the story of the weekend.

Addison and Madison hand-in-hand as they walk to the stables.

Riding time! Madison takes Flint for a ride.

Hayden and Mommy go for a few laps around the ring as well while the big girls went on a trail ride. My favorite crazy horse of the 90's, Skeletor, was no longer around and instead I rode a very calm horse named Flashy.

3rd and 4th generation campers! I love how little this place has changed since I was last there 17 years ago! A few of the changes were safety and health related: no more deep fryer and an addition of helmets for riding and ear muffs for shooting.

On the last day the girls got to ring the bell for lunch...

...the same ole' bell that I rang two decades ago!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome! Looks so fun for you & your girls! LOVE the last pic... awesome! :)

Keith and Jessica said...

Ha, thanks Melissa. Glad you can appreciate my huge pink glasses from the early 90's!