Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Repeat Warriors!

It's April and what has that meant for me in 2010 and 2011? Warrior Dash time! This year "Team Warmonger" was made up of Keith, Rick, Barry, me and a few of our friends. Check us out on the news HERE!

The Warrior Dash is TOO. MUCH. FUN! I just love it! I told a friend what it was about, and she replied, "You're going to get all muddy ... on purpose?" Yep, that's right!

This year's course was more challenging in some ways than last year. It was a longer course this year and the obstacles were cooler and more difficult.

I exercise pretty consistently from year to year so I guess it's expected that I would finish with the same results as last year (19th out of 700 women in my age bracket). But this year we were stuck in the back of our group of 500 for the first half mile so it was hard to run and maneuver the course. It was more like being a part of a huge herd of cattle!



Last year the cleaning process consisted of a long line of people waiting to be cleaned off by small hoses with low pressure. This year a few men stood on a trailer and sprayed groups of us down using large hoses with high pressure.




Check out that glob of mud in Keith's ear!

Here I am seemingly submitting to the water gods. Ha!

We had a lot of fun with Keith's family in town. There were lots of sweet moments including this one of Grammy telling the kids fictional stories. They couldn't get enough!

GP and Madison bonded over T-ball.


















Saturday night we enjoyed a barbecue dinner...


... followed by some baseball. It wasn't organized play but it was so fun to have kids old enough to get into some family game time!


And then they surprised me with a little birthday celebration.


Here are Rick and Roxanne with their two kids and six grandkids! Well, seven if you include the one on the way. No, not me, people! Chelsey is expecting a baby boy in August. Payson has two sisters and five girl cousins so he'll be good and ready for a little buddy!


And to keep up with tradition, we had spring family pictures made. The kids did great and didn't cry or throw a tantrum the entire session. AMAZING! Here are all the kids with Grammy and GP.

I think the kids even had a bit of fun!

No comments: