
The girls got their first haircuts last week! Madison was super excited about it but she made it a challenge with all of that squirming! She kept wanting to look at the scissors.

Hayden was equally thrilled about her first haircut. She pounced on the step stool when it was her turn as she could hardly wait!

I didn't cut much more than an inch, but it allowed me to even out their hair in the back and save their oldest "baby" hair for their baby books.

I am so tickled by this photo of Hayden and Payson's impromptu embrace. I was so happy that I had the camera within reach to capture such a pure moment!

It's not even Thanksgiving yet and we are already planning for Christmas! The kids each put together a box of toys and necessities for a child somewhere around the world who would otherwise not receive anything for Christmas.

The kids really enjoyed compiling their boxes and really seemed to get the basic idea that they have a lot and are giving to other children who have very little. I wrote about our experience on the
Dallas Morning News Moms Blog.

Our church has been collecting for international missions and each of the kids made and decorated little Chinese take-out boxes to help them get their own donations. A few of our sweet neighbors pitched in and the kids learned that their donations would help build a church for those people who don't have one. It was another great opportunity to teach them about giving!

Last week I got to attend the kids' Thanksgiving Feast at school. It was so cute to see them all sitting so well at their tables and enjoying the company of their school friends.

They were so proud to have me there and to show off some of their favorite things in their classroom. Surprise, surprise, Madison's favorite part of her feast was the roll!

Since we have one day that only two kids go to school, I get to have one-on-one time with one child each week on a rotational basis. This particular week, Payson and I attended a fun little LEGO class.

The kids are loving their Melissa & Doug easel. There is a chalkboard on one side and dry erase board on the other. The kids are drawing straight lines, circles, ovals, etc. and the easel provides the perfect place to play and practice!

Madison is a little Grandma! Her baby now has her own baby doll making for three generations!
1 comment:
So funny - great minds think alike! I gave Hannah her first hair cut about a month or so ago and gave Whitney her first hair cut last night! Didn't think I would ever attempt that but I did. :) Not brave enough to cut Tyler's hair.
Post a Comment