
Last weekend we had tickets to the much-anticipated OU/FSU game so I loaded up the kids (
more on that later) and we hit the road. Since we were already in town for the game, I got lucky that the Theta reunion was that same weekend. That night I met up with 30 of my sorority sisters, many of whom I hadn't seen in almost a decade!

It was so fun catching up with everyone! Nearly everyone was married, the majority had at least one child, and there were some seriously interesting career paths being taken.

Me and
the Hollywood Housewife, Laura, catching up.

I always love a good conversation with Olivia and Taryn, both adding to their families any minute!

The next day I was in awe to see how awesome Campus Corner is these days. Cool restaurants, fun boutiques, Starbucks... we had nothin' compared to what they have now. You would think we've been gone 20 years!

Keith and some of his friends found pre-game entertainment by playing catch over the street and through the trees with strangers. Just like Keith's friends, passers-by couldn't get enough of it. In the words of one of Keith's friends, "Effectively we're appealing to the universal man-emotion of wanting to play catch all the time. It's that simple."

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

The kids spent the day at Aunt Chelsey's (thanks everyone!) and Payson was so excited to talk about how Daddy and I went to a football game.

As always the cousins thoroughly enjoyed their time together (as did the adults!).

I just love this picture of Emma and Hayden with identical expressions. The sleeping situation was a little rough as the kids just kept climbing out of their pack 'n plays to play, play, play. For one nap, Hayden ended up sleeping in the hall because she was causing such a ruckus!

Hayden, Payson and Madison loved their cousins' toys. I was especially tickled when I saw Madison grab a toy microphone, put it to her mouth and lean infront of the mirror while singing, "You've got a friend in me" from Toy Story! So cute!

We were honored to be a part of Chloe and Mikayla's baptisms! It's amazing to see another generation of Christ followers in our family. What great role models they are for their little cousins!

Celebrating in pure Hayden fashion, Hayden savors every last lick of cake.

Keith and I have traveled many times with the kids and no matter what time of day (or night) we leave, it never goes well. Keith was sure that we would never get a DVD player, and I was hoping to put it off as long as possible.
However, once we discovered that I was going to be driving to Oklahoma with the kids alone and that Keith would be meeting me there, we both had a change of hearts. The day prior to leaving I purchased a dual-screen DVD player.
Fifteen minutes into our trip, and into Toy Story 2, the first fit began. An hour in there was a huge argument over the volume, whether the DVD should be on or off, and what show we should watch. I was beginning to believe that we are simply doomed on road trips.
The kids didn't get their full amount of sleep on the trip and were worn out from all of the activity (in a good way!). After prayers were said and fingers were crossed, I turned on Nemo and off we went. Thanks to a nice overcast sky, the mood was right and within 15 minutes Hayden fell asleep followed by Madison and Payson. With every passing minute I was in disbelief that they were still sleeping. They slept for a full 2 1/2 hours and woke up right when the bright setting sun appeared. And the DVD player kept them pretty well entertained as we drew closer to home.
1 comment:
I didn't realize you went to OU! Are you from Oklahoma?
Post a Comment