Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School!

Last week the kids had their very first day of school! Technically speaking, it is a Mother's Day Out program, but it's school nonetheless. They were all excited, though unsure, about their big day ahead.

A few days prior we went to orientation. They were super excited about the new toys until it was time for a potty break. After that it was all about the child-sized toilets. I seriously think Hayden went no less than eight times in less than 20 minutes!

They also had their first school assignment to turn in on the first day: an "All about me" poster. I cut out the pictures for them and pasted their names on each, but they did the rest!

The night before, I loaded the car and couldn't believe how much space everything took up! Three nap mats, three backpacks, three folders and three projects. Three lunches were pending.

I gave us lots of cushion in our schedule that morning in hopes that we would arrive on time. I basically had one hour to get the kids up, pottied, dressed, pottied, fed, cleaned up, teeth brushed, pottied again and in the car. Somehow we made it a few minutes early! The kids happily wore their backpacks and carried their nap mats from the car.

Payson looks like such a big boy in his backpack and big grin!

One by one the kids' nap mats got too heavy for them so they handed them off for me to carry. Hayden was a determined little soul, and she succeeded in carrying her mat all of the way, though not without a struggle!

It was so nice to have arrived early enough to avoid the morning rush in the halls. I'm hoping I can achieve this goal every week! The girls did great at drop off but I unfortunately had to leave Payson as he cried and screamed for Mommy. But the report was that he settled in quickly and that everyone did great. Payson and Madison even took their naps! Hayden was great when I picked her up, but she had a huge meltdown on the way to the car. She was so tired, and she knew it, so when we got home she went down for a nap without a fight.

As for me, I spent my time working out and running errands and never even made it home. I think I'm going to get used to this one-day-a-week break really quickly!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ok, so I clearly hadn't read this post when I sent you that email regarding if you leave the house while in the process of potty training. :) But I am still curious about how you handled outings.

Rebecca said...

My husband and I recently learned that we are expecting triplets. We are still in shock but also very excited. It has been so nice to read about your life with three! We have so many questions and are curious about a lot. Going through your blog, from the beginning, has been fun and informative. Congrats on graduating to Mother's Day out. The time must pass so quickly.

Steve and Jaime said...

Hey Jessica! Wow, you definitely have your hands full these days, but what a joy it must be to be those 3 mommy :) They are all three so adorable and so smart! I cannot even believe what you went through with potty training---you are a super star mom for sure! We are starting with Lawson and waiting for it to "click" but I am definitely not looking forward to accidents. I am wondering what cleaner you use....I'm sure it's got to be a good one! Love you lots and think of you guys often. One day I will see you and those cute kiddos again!

Keith and Jessica said...

Thanks, Jaime! I like the Martha Stewart Carpet Stain Remover b/c it is plant and mineral based and doesn't have that awful carpet cleaner smell like the leading brands. We use Clorox wipes for hard floors.

Good luck!

The Pardues said...

So great to see you in Norman last weekend! Your kiddos are so precious and its so fun to read about your sweet family!