
The day before we went to the fair, we joined our multiples group for yet another round of pumpkin patch fun. We have visited quite a few patches this year but who's counting?! Okay, so we've been to three, but that doesn't count the half dozen pumpkin patch invitations I've declined!

Bounce houses are always a hit, especially when the kids have it all to themselves with parents and grandparents on the other side of the net giving them all of the attention they could possibly desire.

Payson loved his first donut. It was so big compared to him and was practically half the size of his face!

Hayden went after her donut as well. Kids do not have to be taught what tastes good!

Madison does this funny thing where she holds the last bite of food in her hand for easily 15 minutes. Months ago this would always lead to a meltdown, but now we eventually tell her to eat her last bite and she does without protest.

Pops and Nunie joined us for the fun. It sure was chilly! Down in Texas we don't need to buy coats for the kids until late October so this day caught us by surprise.

Hayden, Payson and Madison are finally at a stage where they play with the Play-Doh more than they attempt to eat it. This was their first time to really play with it, and it kept them entertained for nearly half an hour! Of course, I was hard at work shaping dogs and cars at their behest, so it wasn't like I got to kick back and relax.

Payson is such a good boy these days. He doesn't try to put Play-Doh in his mouth or eat the crayons like his sisters. He is always the one to run to get something when I ask or to help clean up. He also spends the least amount of time in timeout. The girls are really testing their mommy these days, so it's nice to have my easy-going Buddy on my side.

Recently, we went on a fire station tour. The kids are still a little young to fully appreciate it and they were a bit timid. Madison stepped out as my brave child and agreed to check out the inside of the fire truck all by herself.

They got a kick out of their new fireman hats on the way home and Hayden was in full silly mode. She kept putting the fire dog sticker over her mouth and giggling at herself.

My mom's mother, brother and sister-in-law visited us last week, which was a treat for all of us. We were so glad the triplets finally got to meet them!

We had dinner at my brother's house and the kids had a blast sitting with their cousins, Addison and Avery, at the kids table. And thanks to our booster seats, Keith and I were able to sit down and eat part of the time as well! I am a huge fan of buckles and will be sad the day they learn to undo them!

The kids were excited for the big game this weekend despite the team's injuries and a tough start to the season. No fair weather fans here!
Play the video below to see our little cheerleaders-in-training cheer on their Sooners!

That evening we decided to go for a picnic down by our neighborhood lakes.

I brought along a loaf of bread so the kids could feed the ducks, which they love to do. They got a little too close to the edge a few times. I was a worried that if one fell in, he or she would be scared to feed the ducks or go near the water for years to come. So, I kept grabbing onto their hoods when they got too close to ensure that they stayed dry!

At one point, a goose was about to take a bite of bread right out of Madison's hand so I called her name quickly and loudly to get her to step back. I was trying to keep her from getting scared, or bitten, but that didn't work because my tone scared her as you can clearly see by her expression.

It took her a few minutes to calm down, but she was back to feeding the ducks in no time.
Below are the links to my last two Dallas Morning News Moms Blog posts:
3 comments:
Emma and I love the video of the kids cheering!!
Chelsey
Cute little OU fans! Sad season for sure.
The Three Little Pigs is a hilarious costume idea! Ha! Very cute.
Post a Comment