A few months ago, after fretting about how we won't be able to fly with all three babies for a long time, I had the idea to take each baby on a separate vacation. I talked to my good friend Towne about Madison's and my visiting her and her 15-month-old, Carter, and we planned a long girls' weekend while her husband John was away. Carter was an instant hit with Madison and she loved any attention from Carter, including when she was eating in the high chair and when Carter would tickle her feet.
We had an active weekend, eating out more in a two-day period than I do at home in two months. We also got to do some shopping at the mall and took the girls to swing at the park. We met Charlotte, Maria's newborn, in Harvard Square and later went out for lobster, of course. Madison missed the whole meal sleeping in the Snugli carrier on my chest. Thankfully, it was a "new" (soft) shell lobster so I could crack into it only using my hands. She did great on the plane both ways and it was really special for Madison and I to have so much one-on-one time together.
Back at home Hayden and Payson got to stay with their Pops and Nunie overnight for the first time which they loved and Keith cared for twins for the weekend.

7 comments:
Wow, sounds like you had a great time! I love that you are trying to also spend one-on-one time with your 3! Great idea, and I know they will love that as they get older!!
Ive been dying to know how it went!! So glad it went well. I knew she would do great! Looks like so much fun.
I need to get more daring like you! Im such a chicken :)
Sounds like fun! So...which triplet is coming to NYC to visit Grace? The invitation is open!
Hi Jessica! That is so great that you are taking them on individual trips---brilliant! It looks like ya'll had a blast...want to bring Payson to Vegas?? Just thought I'd ask :) Hope to see you guys soon!e Jaime
the picture of you and little Maddie on the plane is so cute! I am so happy you guys had a great time in Boston. We would have loved to be there with you.
Jessica, Congrats on your trip. One question, though: What's the soft carrier that you use? (Is it the same one on the airplane and in the restaurant?) I'm looking for one that I can carry Ava in (preferrably on my back) while putting the boys in the cart or double stroller. Do you like it?
That is awesome! It is so nice to have some one-on-one time! Glad the trip went well.
Let me knwo when you want to come over for a play date!
Post a Comment