Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sitting and Stealing

The babies are sitting up by themselves for long periods of time these days but do best with the added support of a boppy pillow which also acts as a buffer to pad their fall. They are very agile now though and if they fall they just roll over or reposition themselves so that they can continue to play on their backs or tummies.

"Circle time" has moved from the babies being on their tummies on their boppies to sitting in their bumbos to sitting on their own in their boppies. And these days there is a lot of toy stealing going on. Although there are a few shared favorites, it's not a particular toy they want it's simply the toy that the other baby has - likely because of the movement and sound it makes when another baby is playing with it.


Hayden can hold her own bottle for longer than half a feeding though it's still a little too heavy to hold it the entire time and for every feeding. She gets excited to see her bottle and reaches for it with a smile. Payson and Madison can hold theirs some too but would much rather sit back and have the blanket prop it for them. They have all found their feet and love to play with them and put them in their mouths. Payson plays with his mostly during feeding time and when he is hanging out in his crib waiting for us to get him.

Payson is also now a pro prune-eater although you wouldn't know it by the picture and video showing the very first time he ate the solid food. We haven't officially started solids yet but ever since I started adding more formula to their bottles he has needed a little help getting things moving. Yes, I am still pumping, but am only doing so a few times a day so they now get more formula than they do breastmilk.


Madison may be our youngest and smallest baby but she is the first one to get a tooth! And not only that, but she got her second tooth just 4 days later! She was in the best mood the two weeks before they came in so I had no real indication that they were about to make their big appearance.

The babies also got their first cold last week. Thankfully it was just a mild summer cold but nothing is mild around here when you multiply it by three. We didn't lose too much sleep and everyone is already feeling better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love their smiles!!! I cant wait til mine can sit up, i am way behind you, i need to get working!!!! Madisons little teeth PRECIOUS!!!!

Amy said...

Where did you get that bumbo in the pool idea??? Good idea! :)

Solids are fun!!! Hannah spits ALL the time when feeding her.

Tyler can sit for a minute or so...Hannah and Whitney for just a few seconds.

Wow! I knew Madison got one tooth, but I didn't know she got a second one!

Anonymous said...

so...uhhh...is strong aversion to prunes heriditary? Because I remember G.P. making that same face the last time I offered prunes to him. ;)