Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Monday, August 4, 2008

A New Record

We have a new record for the Melker-babies-and-friends couch line-up. Sunday the babies finally met their quad buddies so there were a total of *7* babies with the Melker babies surrounded by Gerwer's on all sides.
(l-r: Trey, Hayden, Cameron, Madison, Reid, Payson & Brady)

We had a great time with Casey and Robbie talking about all of the usual current hot topics of our world: poopies, rolling and other milestones, schedules, RSV season and other major multiple issues - like how hard it is to simply get out of the house!
Casey and I were on hospital bedrest at the same time, different hospitals. Her babies were born exactly 4 weeks after mine and are only 5.5 weeks younger by adjusted age (due date). The helmets in the pictures are cranial bands that her babies will wear for a few months to help correct the shape of their heads - a common preemie issue.

During playtime Payson was doing his usual yell/scream/holla thing while face to face with his new buddy Trey. Trey didn't seem to mind at first but instantly became frightened and burst out into a cry. I can't believe I'm raising a bully! He likes to do the yelling back and forth with Keith and me as well and one time, after several minutes of mimicry, Keith scared Payson into a cry as well. It happens. Playful yelling, even when started by the baby, can be very scary sometimes!
The littlest Melker and Gerwer babies bonded quickly and Madison was eager to give Reid's helmet a try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some good looking babies!
(of course i may be biased ;))

Momma-of-5 said...

GREAT pictures! So much fun. I feel like I'm missing out...I don't have any HOM playdates.