I was very hesitant at first but Keith was able to convince me to go. (I know, isn't that terrible that I had to be convinced to take a break!) It is just so hard leaving your baby with someone other than your husband for the first time let alone when you have three of them! However, we left them in good hands with Keith's mom, Roxanne, and grandparents, Bob and Roxie, who were all so kind to make the trip and watch the babies for us. It took quite a few hours to prepare bottles and babysitting lists but it was definitely worth it!
We stayed at a nearby resort which was lovely. We didn't do anything crazy, just the ordinary things most people get to do that we don't have time for. Friday night we went to the mall and a late dinner and Saturday we worked out, ate a big brunch and spent time at the pool. We weren't even gone for 24 hours but it was a much needed break. Although we were so worn out from all the fun activity that we were in bed by 8:30 pm the next night after we put the babies to bed. Thanks Grammy, Grandpa Bob and Grandma Roxie for watching the trio for us!
The babies have made a lot of new friends recently. They got to see Reese and mom Anna again and meet Lawson and mom Jaime. They also got to meet big boy Luke, Hallie and mom Robin. And although they experienced prenatal yoga along with Morgan and mom-to-be Caroline, they finally got to spend time with their new friend in person!

And in case you're wondering what it looks like when a group of multiple moms get together, here is a snapshot for ya.
7 comments:
WOW! That's a lot of kids in that picture! I love that you are able to have play dates with other moms of multiples! That is great for you, I'm sure!
The babies are adorable, and getting so big!! Too cute!!
I was so bummed I wasn't able to make it to the mall event!
I'm glad ya'll got a night away. My 4 were about that age when we spent the night at the Gaylord in Grapevine. It is VERY refreshing and do good to get to re-connect with the hubby. Next week we are going away for 3 nights! I'm excited & scared at the same time!
MIsty
Hi! I read your blog sometimes and I was looking at the pictures in this post and I know Robin! We went to Baylor together! Tell her Summer said hello. :) Your three girls are adorable and I love reading about your life as a triplet mama ... so fun! I also love the pic of ya'll with your multiples group ... I bet you got a ton of comments that day!
Summer
blakebrittain.blogspot.com
OOPS, I meant to say BABIES, not GIRLS ... obviously you have 2 beautiful girls and 1 handsome boy. SORRY! :)
I was just at your neighborhood pool and met someone that has triplets. Two girls and a boy. They were two. Hope you are doing well. Let me know if you ever want to get together. We live very close now.
I am so jealous you are able to get out so much better than me with your kiddos i wish i could have gone to willow bend to meet everyone. i am just terrifed to go anywhere myself still. Not to mention, i am stil not able to get the quad stroller on the hitch on the back of the suburban yet.
I am so glad you enjoyed your time away. Robbie and i finally had ours on saturday night (which is why i havent written you back, but i will today). And they were all so sick last week (trey is still a little goopy but on the mend). So we will need to plan that get together, as long as you dont mind my kids in their funny cranial bands :).
Thanks for sending the post from Summer -- how funny how things connect. I showed Luke the picture of all of us and he started smiling and said "I like the little girl that spits up" and pointed to Hayden. Then he said "I accidently hit that one" and pointed to Madison! He is still sorry about that! Glad you got some time away.
Robin
Post a Comment