Front:
From this day forward...
Inside:
A toast to many more
happy tomorrows,
and may you
keep discovering
new reasons
...blah, blah, blah.
Okay, looks good to me, I thought, so I grabbed the envelope and moved on. When I gave the card to Keith he read it out loud slowing down and looking a little perplexed as he finished the remainder of the card which I had not yet read:
Front:
From this day forward...
Inside:
A toast to many more
happy tomorrows,
and may you
keep discovering
new reasons
why you're perfect
for each other.
Happy Anniversary
From this day forward...
Inside:
A toast to many more
happy tomorrows,
and may you
keep discovering
new reasons
why you're perfect
for each other.
Happy Anniversary
We were in tears laughing uncontrollably at my mistake. I guess this shows how rushed, exhausted and unfocused I am these days. Hey, maybe it was meant to be a card we could both sign for each other... or not.
We took the babies to a restaurant for only the second time for breakfast at our neighborhood diner. Hayden and Payson slept while a well-behaved Madison gave us a taste of what it's like to eat out while passing a baby back and forth so you can have both hands to eat from time to time.
In baby news, Madison was so close to rolling onto her tummy Sunday afternoon. She was practically there but her arm was just on the wrong side of her body to make it official. I have since noticed that she sticks out her tongue (think Michael Jordan) when she tries to make the final push as she is doing in the photo. We weren't surprised this morning when Keith found her in her crib - on her tummy. All day I saw her deliberately trying to roll over again and again, using her top arm as momentum and her heavy head to get her most of the way there but she was always just short for one reason or another. Even mommy being down on the ground cheering her on wasn't enough to make it happen for us to see. Soon enough!
6 comments:
Ha! I can just picture you two and the card scenario. Funny! Madison looks ready to eat! Won't be long, huh?
Happy Anniversary!!
Okay, so the card thing made me laugh enough that I had a hard time reading it to James. :) Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! You are an amazing couple.
VA
You are so brave, i am too scared to take my kiddos to a restaurant, let alone out anywhere, i am going to start practicing this more though. We are going to hit the mall next week, i figure, what the heck, its already pretty loud there :) Quads cant hurt.
Amy came by to pick up reflux wedges and we for sure need to get a play date together. We are all used to zone defense, i think us three can take on ten babies :)
June 1st was our 6 year anniversary too! I will just go ahead and say that there just aren't as many non-cheesy "for husband" cards as there are "for wife" so the fact that you got a card at all is great! Congratulations!
Post a Comment