Earlier this week the emergency siren alerted me that there was more than just a storm outside and that a tornado had been spotted in the area. I quickly called Keith and turned on the TV to find out more. The siren continued so I gathered up all of the babies (who had just gone down for naps) and blankets and pillows and we headed to the pantry. The girls fell back asleep but Payson was upset - surely because he is the man of the house while Keith is away and he didn't like the situation! After about 15 minutes the sky was blue again and life returned to normal. Thankfully we were safe and I was happy to practice our emergency plan. It's not easy gathering up three babies quickly let alone trying to remember where they are all sleeping during any particular naptime!
For April Fool's I led Keith to believe that he left the garage door open and that someone stole our lawn mower. The following day while I napped (for only the 3rd or 4th time since the babies came home!!) Keith dressed Hayden in blue and Payson in pink so that I would get them confused even for just a moment when I first saw them napping. It worked at first until I got closer and quickly saw that not only did "Payson" grow more hair while I napped but he also picked up his big sister's mannerisms. I wasn't fooled for long!
I got to be a somewhat normal mom this week and try out a Mommy & Me Yoga class. I took all three babies but only did the activities with Madison while the others slept and watched. They did really well and I plan to stick with it for a few weeks and rotate the babies to let each one participate. Madison loved it and did so well that I decided to put part of it to practice at home.

4 comments:
Keith and Jessica...Kylee sent me your blog and I have loved watching your little family grow instantly from 2 to 5! This is such a fun site and I am so happy for y'all! You truly seem to be enjoying every crazy minute! We'd love to meet the kiddies someday soon! Love, Taryn & Jeb
Jessica~ I found your site through Rachel Cass! I hope you don't mind me checking it out! It is so fun to read about your beautiful family! I don't know how you do it with 3, you're amazing!!! Nicole
How fun. I think you are a "normal" mom even if you don't go to yoga. What's normal anyway? Have fun and hopefully we don't get anymore hail.
Jessica,
I am friends with Roxanne and Jaime Dadd from Arbonne. I have been following your blog. You impress me so much - I am pregnant with my first and nervous about having time for one. I am a twin and my mom said two was fun but we just admire you for three! Today I received the cute birth announcement that I think Roxanne sent to me - how precious! Hugs and prayers! Jamie Campbell
Post a Comment