Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Melker Weigh-in

The babies and I were weighed this week and everyone is growing well. I am 161 pounds and still trying to pack on the weight for the babies. My triplet book said that it is important to gain most of the pregnancy weight by Week 24 because after that it is extremely difficult to meet the metabolic demands of three growing babies. And research shows that the weight gained before Week 24 has a greater effect on triplets' rate of growth than the weight gained later in pregnancy. Despite my smooshed stomach and complete distaste for most foods (I am so over eating!), I am still trying to get the calories in there and eat often. However, having three babies fatten up at the same time makes it hard to keep up!

The babies are getting their fair share though and on Tuesday weighed in at:
1 lb, 12 oz.- Baby Girl A (50th percentile)
1 lb, 14 oz. - Baby Boy B (Our little basketball player?)
1 lb, 10 oz. - Baby Girl C (Our "baby girl?")

Both girls gave me a good yawn on the sonogram while our little boy was hiding and harder to see this week. He didn't feel like competing with the girls for attention!

1 comment:

Leslie Frank said...

I'm glad to hear you're all gaining weight. I missed my "Tuesday update" on you with no Bible study today. I hope to get the chance to come see you soon...I've spent much of this week running the kids around!

Love you,

Leslie