Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Babies' Nursery

Last week, Keith and I began the meticulous project of painting the nursery. I mapped out the design and picked the colors (green, pink and chocolate) and Keith and I purchased the appropriate paint. Friday evening we taped the back wall for stripes which was a very detailed task, using the measuring stick and level. I knew Keith was going to start painting after I went to bed but I had no idea he was going to paint all of the walls and majority of the stripes until 6 in the morning! He knew it was important to get it done so it could dry properly before he could re-tape and paint the chocolate stripes on Sunday evening. What a great husband!

I spent that evening and two of the next three evenings touching up and perfecting the stripes while Keith assembled the cribs, one each night. It was quite a process, but as you can see from the pictures, we succeeded at our mission. And since Keith had a few more sleep hours to spare (ha!) he decided to assemble his new Weber gas grill - a graduation gift from his parents.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Keith and Jessica,

The nursery looks great! I love the idea of the 2 girls' cribs in front of the pink wall and the 1 boy crib in front of the green wall! It looks like things are coming along, and Jessica, you look great! A+ husband points from Keith for staying up late, too!

I think I will go eat a bowl of ice cream for you! :D