Let us not become weary doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9

Saturday, September 15, 2007

X-Rated!

This week's doctor's appointment confirmed the sexes and we have a picture of our little boy to prove it (left). Everyone kept me entertained as I watched them move in my womb. Baby Girl "A" gave me a good view of her little face while Baby Girl "C" showed me her face and profile even though she was preoccupied with hiccups. Baby Boy "B" gave me the best show of all. Proving that he is chilled out just like his daddy, he was all stretched out lying on his back with his feet in the air resting against the placenta and we even caught him yawning on camera! He might as well have had a cold drink one hand and the remote in the other watching a football game because he sure looked comfy. In fact he was using his sister's chest as his pillow!
I have started to feel them move but not the "butterfly" feeling that has been described to me by other mothers. Instead, with their crowded surroundings, the babies feel more like little popcorn popping and bubbles bursting and I noticeably saw a bump protrude from my stomach a few days ago - we think it was someone's bottom or legs. I've got a little more baby on my left side so my tummy is a little uneven.
Per doctor's orders to get more daily calories (3,000 to be exact), I have added Chocolate Ensure drinks and Blue Bell ice cream milk shakes to my diet. Definitely the toughest part of my pregnancy!
As for what I am doing for just me, I have started taking prenatal yoga classes which I love and am active in my neighborhood's women's bible study which has wonderful teachings and a great group of women.

(Pictured below: Front left side of A's face, B chilled out and yawning, C's profile)

No comments: